The goal of the OAI Tutoring Club is to improve the academic life of engineering students. The Tutoring Club will be a weekly study lounge hosted by the Office of Outreach, Access & Inclusion on Monday evenings throughout the quarter where tutors will provide course support across all majors, and share insights about campus life and resources.
- Receive advising and support to throughout the quarter to help students improve their GPA
- At least 50% of Tutoring Club participants named to the Dean’s List
- Create a community support system in the school of Engineering
- Learn collegiate study habits and organizational skills
- Meet new friends with common interests and gain UCI Graduate Student mentors
- You do not have to have a certain GPA to join! Tutoring Club is for anyone who wants to achieve their highest academic potential!
- Meetings take place weekly on Mondays from 7:00pm — 9:00pm starting Week 2. While encouraged, you do not need to attend every session. Also, you do not have to participate for the entire time block.
- Melissa Lepe
- Hambik Margoosian
- Leo Harjanto
- Maya El Ajouz
- Cristian Chun Yoxon
This program is designed for students who have limited exposure to Engineering and want to improve their GPA. OAI’s aim is to help students from diverse backgrounds succeed in engineering.
Applicants may apply for Tutoring Club following our application link.
Tutoring Club can help you with putting together your resume and tips for job interviews. Most of our tutors have enough professional experience, and are more than happy to help.
This program is free and food is provided.
Additional information will be sent to you via email with the time and location.
Nothing. This program is intended to help you get a higher GPA, but membership does not require you to have a certain GPA.
Every week will vary, but you can get tutoring on course load, classes, homework, tips on job interviews, internships, research, and tips on applying for graduate school and scholarships.
The program runs year long and meets weekly from 7-9 pm on campus. We also offer additional tutoring support during the week throughout the quarter as well. You can visit the following website to learn more about our tutors and their schedules this quarter: https://sites.uci.edu/oaistudycenter/mentor-tutors/
Yes. Attendance is not mandatory, unless it is a requirement of a scholarship.
Email us at email@example.com and we can find alternative ways to provide you tutoring help.