The goal of the OAI Tutoring Club is to improve the academic life of engineering and ICS students. The Tutoring Club will be a weekly study lounge hosted by the Office of Access & Inclusion on Monday evenings throughout the quarter where tutors will provide course support across all majors, and share insights about campus life and resources.
- Receive advising and support to throughout the quarter to help students earn a 4.0 GPA
- At least 50% of Tutoring Club participants named to the Dean’s List
- Create a community support system in the school of Engineering and ICS
- Learn collegiate study habits and organizational skills
- Meet new friends with common interests and gain UCI Graduate Student mentors
- You do not have to have a 4.0 to join! Tutoring Club is for anyone who wants to achieve to their highest academic potential!
- Meetings take place weekly on Mondays from 7:00pm — 9:00pm starting Week 2. While encouraged, you do not need to attend every session. Also, you do not have to participate for the entire time block.
- If you have a 3.8+ GPA and are looking for a volunteer opportunity, sign up to be a 4.0 Club guru!
Program Staff and Tutors
- Justin Sung
- Mahum Tahir
- Hunter Quon
- Didac Gomez
This program is designed for students who have limited exposure to Computer Science or Engineering and want to obtain a 4.0. OAI’s aims to help students from diverse backgrounds succeed in computing and engineering.
Applicants may apply for Tutoring Club following our application link.
If you do not have a resume, attached is a website with helpful guidelines on creating one: Resume Help. Tutoring Club can also help you with putting together your resume and tips for job interviews.
This program is free and food is provided.
Additional information will be sent to you via email with the time and location.
To be a Guru, you are required to have a 3.8 GPA or above in any quarter at UCI.
Nothing. This program is intended to help you get a 4.0 but membership does not require you to have a 4.0.
Every week will vary, but you can get tutoring on course load, classes, homework, tips on job interviews, internships, research, and tips on applying for graduate school and scholarships.
The program runs year long and meets weekly from 7-9 pm on campus. We also offer a second tutoring day during the quarter that varies each quarter.
Yes. Attendance is not mandatory, unless it is a requirement of a scholarship.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can find alternative ways to provide you tutoring help.